HarePoint Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint
is a universal accessory tool for simplifying the development of solutions for SharePoinr Server 2013, 2010, 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
The program provides developers with the following tools:
- Browser for examining the SharePoint object model. Using .NET Reflection technology, the browser displays all objects, methods and properties, not limited to “familiar” objects. Also it allows you to modify their properties and mark objects for usage in context scripts. (see for details)
- Context scripts in C#. Absolutely any method and any object can be called from scripts, as well as the value of any properties and fields including hidden ones (internal, private, protected) can be obtained. A script code can greatly assist as a tool for dynamic debugging of code segments. Script
codes can be transferred into the code of your product practically
without any changes. (see for details)
The program allows you to open any number of browser windows and scripts. With the help of the browser, it is possible to display the necessary objects visually, mark them, and then pass them for usage in context scripts. If the script returns an object during execution, the object is opened in a new browser window. With .NET Reflection technology, there are no limitations on types of returned objects. In the program help file, in addition to examples of operations with SharePoint objects (sites, lists, etc.) you can find examples of utilizing Windows Forms and Active Directory.
- Investigation of not only declared, but also actual object structure
- Changing of object properties from the browser window
- Prompt testing of code sections of your product
- Simple transfer of code segments of your product to scripts and back for debugging
- Usage of any properties and fields of SharePoint objects including hidden ones
- Usage of any type libraries, for example, Windows Forms
HarePoint Explorer for SharePoint offers full freedom of action to the developer and considerably reduces the time for investigation and debugging of solutions for SharePoint. By developers` estimates, during the creation of HarePoint Analytics for SharePoint, about 50% of pre-project research time was saved and about 60% of time spent on testing of code sections.
The HarePoint Explorer for SharePoint is freeware. It is an open source project. The source code can be downloaded from Codeplex.com